Friday, April 1, 2011

Its a Strange Strange World we live in, Master Jack

I was lamenting the fact, earlier that we had snow AGAIN today.  I was feeling kinda blue so I check the weather of "home" (Boone, NC) and they got snow today too.

Next thing I did was check out Twitter.  I have never twitted (tweeted) before but my wonderful friends Miss Hattie, Mr. Koly and Ms. Foley and Pocket tweet so I thought, what the hay.  I will be darned if one of the first peoples I saw was someone who lived 50 miles from where I once lived.  Seriously, Seriously?????  Amazing out of all of the 40 gozillion peeps on the internets!!!!  You could have slapped me silly and called me grandma. 

No all of this could be coinkidinence, but I like to think it was karma, or fate.  We like to think that we are insulated and isolated on this third rock from the sun when the truth of the matter is that, if we want, we do not have to be isolated even if their is no one in sight for miles and miles and miles. 

I have some of the best friends I have ever had in my life and I have only met a few of them.  We hold out that paw of friendship and we find there are many paws ready to shake it even if it across cables and wires.  I have cried tears, my heart has felt like it was being ripped in two and I have laughed like I have never laughed before with these friends. 

Today was a revelation for me.  I have my Mom here with me, but I have a network of friends that make it impossible to be alone.  We worry about each other, we care about each other and we love each other.  That what it is all about.  That tenous connection to others, that seeking of like minds. . .




I have been featuring Watauga Humane Society at the end of my blog.  This is my connection to my heart-town, Boone NC.  They have done a wonderful job in saving the lives of many precious babies.  If you are close to Boone, take a look you just might find a pet that tugs at those heart strings.    

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it just amazing all our wonderful friends? Never in a million years would we have imagined how much you and all the others would mean to us. We would do anything for our darling Smooch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well ALMOST anything! **Giggles** I have my reputation to think of! WHAT!?!? Awww Smoochy you KNOW I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hattie has a reputation? A BAD one! I know what you mean Smoochers. We are so lucky to have each other. It makes the bad times bearable and the good times better. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete