Friday, March 25, 2011

Mom said . . . "No more being left to your own devices, young man!"

Hello boys and girls.  I have been absent for a few days.  But I am back ~cracks knuckles~ and raring to go.  It was a fairly uneventful week . . . (if you discount the first blizzard of Spring on Tuesday and Wednesday) until today.

Now let me ask you a question?  If you saw something sitting ontop of the computer (Mom keeps her CPU on the floor), would you not want to investigate and see if you do something to improve the situation of said "something"?

Egggsssssssactly.  That's what I'm talking about.

Today started out fairly normal.  I had gone outside to see if any of the snow had melted and to see if my toys had unearthed themselves from the latest 17 inch snowfall.  Nothing seemed amiss, no bears, and no pieces of faux fur peeking through the snow, so I wandered back inside and took my place on the bed while Mom got dressed to go out for a morning appointment.  I, as always, tell Mom what to wear, what make-up to use, how to fix her hair . . . typical things.  I continue to do this every day, even though she rarely listens to my advice.  So instead of looking like America's Next Top Model, she looks more like Skid Row Sally.

She finished her regimen and gave me my daily treat.  Actually, it is a diversion so she can get out of the door without me headbutting my way between her legs and out the door.   She gave me the admonition  "be a good boy, I'll be home soon". 

I wandered around for a little while, checking under the bed for anything I had hidden under there and then I wandered around outside in the snow  The snow is up to my chest and I feel like a DitchWitch, so I didn't stay outside too long.  When I came in, I lay on my red pillow for a while and watched "Bad Girls".  Mom usually leaves it on Animal Planet but she forgot today and left it on Oxygen.  WooHoo! 

After growing bored with TV, I decided to wander upstairs and see what was going on in the study.  I headed for the door and suddenly my olfactory 5 alarm sense went off.  I was led haplessly to a big tub of fruity slices that Mom had left on her computer.  I could see that she had left the top loose and being the wise and good dog that I am, I wanted to help.  I I could smell those wonderful fruit slices then anything could smell them and they might come take Mom's favorite snack.  Right?  ~looks for nods of approval~

Welllllllllllll, I tried to pick up the tub and the lid came off, so I grabbed the lidless tub and took it down the stairs and out both doggy doors.  Mom was gonna be so proud of me.  I put the tub under the snow with the rest of my toys so it would be safe.  Then I thought I could surprise Mom, so I picked up a cherry one and a lemon one and took them back in the house.  I laid them carefully on the rug beside the door so she would be sure to find them. 

I couldn't wait for Mom to get home to see what I had done. . . then I heard the car.  I ran like the wind to welcome her.  She opened the front door, and politely stepped on the fruit slices mushing them into the carpet.  Hmphffff hows that for gratitude????

She followed my trail of fruit slices from upstairs to outside.  They looks so pretty on the snow, like flowers.  At least, I thought so. 

That is when I heard the "No more being left to your own devices, young man"!  I sit here now wondering and pondering on that statement.  What will be the outcome of my fruit slice escapade?  Will I be caged for life?  Will I be locked out of the house with only my room to stay in during the day?  What will become of me and my devices? 


3 comments:

  1. BOL, I just LOVE your fascination with sending things out to the snow for "safe keeping. You crackle me up Smooch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Wait! Smoooooch?? When I FIRST came to your page, you suggested I adopt a little black pup. Then I left a comment and it suggested a brown kitty, so I refreshed, then an orange kitty, AGAIN! A white dog! HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had you not taken the fruit outside, where the cold snow could keep it fresh, would you have been in trouble for that too!? You know we are damned if we do....damned if we don't. Which is why I no longer make any attempt too help Mom out. Seems she doesn't appreciate it much. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete