Saturday, March 26, 2016

Last Monkey and TriPaw



Mama left this morning and since the post office is right across from the house I could see her go into the post office and come out with a package.  I was bouncing around as much as I can on three paws (tripaw - I will get to that).  Oh a package, it had to be for me.  They were always for me.  Always.  I waited and waited, then I saw her Aztek pull out and go in the opposite direction.  I woulda stomped my paw but falling over would have been the only thing I would have accomplished, so I just laid down and pouted.  Over the past 10 years I have developed that skill.  It doesn't usually work with Mama.  She just laughs.  But the puppy eyes do it for sure, but she wasn't home to see them.

I waited and waited and waited.  And waited.  

Finally, I heard the car and I couldn't wait for her to come in the house.  When I did, she had packages and bags and she smelled like Sangria and Bacon Burgers.  What the hey?  Did she have dinner without me?  Well the Sangria didn't interest me, but that bacon burger sure smelled yummy.  Then I saw the package in her hand.  I sniffed it.  It smelled like my friend Miss Hannah Banana.  I started my modified Smoochy dance.  And then, then she opened it.  Inside was MY MONKEY.  My wonderful friend LEO had sent me a monkey.  Mama took a picture and then she talked to me about this TriPaw thingy.

"Smoochy, this will be your last monkey.  Don't worry I am gonna make sure he goes to the Bridge with you, even if you take a leg or an arm off."  

"But Mama, I said.  You fell over a monkey like this."
  
"I don't care, This is YOUR monkey and Leo was such a dear to send it to you".  

She sat down on the cushion beside of me without a care about how she would get up and began to talk 

Smoochy, you are a TriPaw now, even though you still have your paw.  I know you can't use it, you have to be careful.  *I knew she had heard me fall a couple of times* I will be here to take care of you every day until you go to the Bridge.  She started to cry and got up off the cushion.

Then she leaned and kissed my nose.  

I may be a TriPaw with bone cancer and numbered days.  BUT I HAVE MY MONKEY, MY MAMA, AND MY FRIENDS.

Thank you Leo!

To the Moon


2 comments:

  1. That is one special monkey Smoochy. All most as special as you and your Mom. You know how much we love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Smoochy , you Mamma and the monkey are all pretty special to us.

    Lots of Love, Molly and my Mom

    ReplyDelete